The Alternatives Research & Development Foundation, a U.S. leader in the funding and promotion of alternatives to the use of laboratory animals in research, testing, and education, is currently soliciting research proposals for its 2014 Alternatives Research Grant Program. For 20 years, this innovative program has created opportunities for scientists who have interest and expertise in alternatives research.
- Up to $40,000 in funding available to support individual projects
- Preference given to U.S. universities and research institutions
- Preference given to projects that use pathway-based approaches as exemplified by the 2007
- National Academy of Sciences report, Toxicity Testing in the Twenty-first Century: A Vision and A Strategy
- Deadline: Applications must be electronically submitted or postmarked by
Wednesday, April 30,2014
- Recipients notified: Wednesday, July 16, 2014
- Potential to significantly replace or reduce laboratory animals
- Scientific merit and feasibility
To apply, please download the Guidelines for submission and Application cover page:
IMPORTANT: online submission process.
Applicants must notify ARDF via email of intent to submit a proposal by
Thursday, April 24, 2014. Deadline for notification/Dropbox request extended to Monday, April 28, 5:00 p.m. (eastern U.S.)
Deadline for uploading Application to Dropbox folder remains April 30, 2014, 11:59 p.m. (eastern U.S.) Please see instructions in Grant Guidelines.
Learn More About Alternatives
Visit these programs supported by ARDF to learn more about alternatives.